Today was one of those days where I was reminded frequently of the widom of buying fall clothes BEFORE fall. After school today in Geneva, Erica(Erica is a from mexico and is the girl who took over for Rachel after she left for the states.Erica is really nice and melow and so easy to be with. We go to the same school,and it looks like she may stay in Switzerland till June, so she can pick up French) and invited me to come and spend the afternoon with her and Latecia Oguey. Latecia is one of the first girls who was nice to me and took the time to talk with me as i struggled to form my thoughts and ideas into intelligable sentences in french. I love her. Roberta was nice enough to not have me work till 3pm so I was able to go with them. It was POURING when we left class, which was shocking to me as yesterday the weather was beautiful.We ended up walking most of the way to the train station and I got pretty wet.I didnt mind too much. I decided to a long time ago to enjoy the rain when it falls on me. Even if its really cold, or inconvienent. Fighting getting wet just takes too much energy , and honestly it isnt so bad once you except it. Most times I actually enjoy it. Today though was really cold, and all i wanted to do was get out of the rain. Latecia pointed out our good fortune that at least the wind wasnt blowing. Good point. That cold fall wind is brutal.So we were being blessed,even if I couldnt see it at first. I tried tip toeing most of the way so the rain would quit seeping into my boots an socks. No use, but the tip toeing did give me a good work out. thank you 3 years of ballet for equipping me with the muscels necessary to walk far distances on releve! We finally got to Latecia's car and she drove us to her family's home where we had a really nice hot lunch with her parents and assorted inlaws and children. It was perfect. I was happy to find that i could comprehend alot of the conversation in french-I am improving! By th way Latecia' family has th emot amazing 3 story house ive ever seen.It reminds me of Elizabeth Bennets house form Pride and prejudice but bigger. So cool. And VERY unusaual for switzerland.Most people live in france if they want a house that big.\, becaus efrance is cheaper real estate(and is only about 15-20 min away fom geneva)
After lunch we walked thourgh the freezing rain again to get the tram back to Gare Cornavin(train station) I took the train back to nyon and got home just at 3 oclock. whew. Today Roberta ha her friend Jen and Jen's two children over to make cookies and play. We had fun baking and talking and little anna even taughth me how to make a paper boat which i could do by myself after the first time(which im secretly very proud of)
Best of all Jen brought over a PUMPKIN PIE!!! You normally cant get that here as it is an american thing.i was so happy. we ate that for desert with vanilla icecream, after I through together a late supper of pumpkin soup(delicious stuff, we buy from the store-im going to miss that back in the states) cucumbers, and ravioli. I put the kids to bed by myself tonight (roberta had to work out some stuff with rob) and i felt really proud of myself that i was able to get all 4 of them in bed in about 40 min. I can do the mom thing. And that feels good to know. Mariah is still up as i write this yelling about some bear being in her room.
Hmmm. Well thats what my life looks like these days.Ill let the parents take that one. good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment